Kristen's Reviews > Austentatious

THEME: Romance/Drama
RECEIVED: For Review for The Teen Book Scene Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
I’m such a sap when it comes to anything Jane Austen; I always love the strong female lead and the wonderfully crafted romance. Alyssa Goodnight has written a story that every Jane Austen fan would love to have happened to them, Jane Austen herself giving advice, especially romantic advice. I immensely enjoyed Austentatious and look forward to reading more from Alyssa Goodnight.

Nicola James is an engineer in Austin Texas. She has always gone by her plan on how she wants her life. But her life is about to get a whole lot more interesting when she comes across a magic journal, which seems to answering anything she writes in it. Soon she realizes the possibility that Jane Austen herself is writing her back as well as helping her along the way in a new relationship. It seems like Nicola’s “Plan” for her life is about to change in a big way.

Nicola in a way reminded me a little of myself. I always had a plan in life and went by it completely until I met my soul mate. She finds herself falling for Sean, a man who is not apart of her plan but it just feels right whenever she’s with him. Of course she guided by her magical journal, which changed her skeptical views into truly wanting the journal aka Fairy Jane’s advice. I really enjoyed Nicola’s little freak out moments when the journal starts writing back to her. I can only imagine what my reaction would be to that.

Sean, a Scottish and very good looking motorcycle riding man who captures Nicola’s heart, was wonderful. I loved how he pushed her out of her safe zone and challenged her in just the right way.
Overall I was thrilled to read this light hearted and humorous novel. The main characters were fun and witty, along with some hilarious secondary characters who guide Nicola as well in her new romance. Oh and of course there is some great romance, let just say that there is a Kilt involved…enough said! I highly recommend this novel to Austen fans.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult romance that lightens your heart and makes you want to read all of Jane Austen’s books again and again. Fans of author Jane Green and Sarah Mason will love Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Austentatious.

07/05 marked as: read