Sherilyn Lipke's Reviews > Fever

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: adventure, favorites, futuristic, realistic, romance, science-fiction, ya-fiction, dystopian
Read on February 23, 2012 — I own a copy

I finally got to read it. I've waited almost a year for this book, and I finished it in one day. AMAZING. This series is already one of my all time favorite series. I think that the problem with most dystopian type books are that they're not realistic enough, they're too advanced and generic.
This one is real. It's gritty. It's emotional.
The reality is, mankind is in an endless hunt for youth. In this world, they sure as heck got it. They played around with our DNA way too much and a virus spread that only lets men live to age 25 and women to age 20 before their bodies basically decompose.
So the old people leftover from before are generally rich and haunted by their children's deaths.
This book picks up right in the middle of where the first one leaves off. Gabriel and Rhine are escaping. The reality is that they get themselves into an even bigger mess.
I honestly feel like the adventure never ends in this book. There's constantly a new problem and old problems are always there.
I highly suggest this series.
I cannot WAIT for the third and final chapter of this wonderful series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever.

Quotes Sherilyn Liked

Lauren DeStefano
“I used to have only one name; it used to mean something.”

Lauren DeStefano
“He kissed back, all the pages spread out around us like riddles waiting to be solved. Let them wait. Let my genes unravel, my hinges come loose. If my fate rests in the hands of a madman, let death come and bring its worse. I'll take the ruined craters of laboratories, the dead trees, this city with ashes in the oxygen, if it means freedom. I'd sooner die here than live a hundred years with wires in my veins.”

Lauren DeStefano
“I should not have loved my daughter as I did. Not in this world in which nothing lives for long. You children are flies. You are roses. You multiply and die.”

02/23/2012 page 36
11.0% "I'm already caught back into this wonderful world. I think this is one of the most realistic dystopian series ever. I'm excited for the rest of this book!"