Brigette's Reviews > Tuesday

Tuesday by David Wiesner

Jan 23, 2012

Read in January, 2012

This book made me happy. The first thing I read was the teaser on the inside of the jacket. It reads; "The events recorded here are verified by an undisclosed source to have happened somewhere, U.S.A., on Tuesday. All those in doubt are reminded that there is always another TUESDAY."
On first glance, before reading anything, it seemed like it was going to be a rather plain book. The front cover is dark and enigmatic, in that--besides a clock--it is hard to know what else is included in the picture. The end papers are a simple tan color with no illustrations on them. Until I read the the teaser, I thought that this would be a well-drawn, yet boring book.
This book would be a lot of fun for very young readers. It has very few words in it--only used to tell what time it is throughout the night--and the story is told through the very humorous pictures. They tell the story of the adventures of some frogs throughout the night. These events leave the humans baffled in the morning regarding what happened while they were in bed. It shows a magical thing about Tuesday evenings. It is clear to see why this book is a Caldecott winner. The dark-seeming pictures are stunning and unbelievably descriptive, with very impressive story-telling abilities.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesday.