Gina's Reviews > The Stormchasers

The Stormchasers by Jenna Blum

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Read from January 23 to 27, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Honestly, I wishlisted this book on my library e-book wish list 6 months ago and it's been available off and on but I haven't downloaded it until three days ago. Since I started reading it to say I was hooked would be an understatement.

I'll admit the first thing that intrigued me was the whole stormchasing concept. I've watched the Discovery Channel's hit show "Stormchasers" and had the reaction of "How could anyone in their right mind do this"? The second thing was the whole twin angle of the book. As a mother to twins myself I've always been fascinated with the concept of "twindar" and wonder if my children will admit to experiencing this later in life. And thirdly, I was intrigued that one of the twins is Bipolar. Both my father and sister have been diagnosed as Bipolar and while my parents have been divorced for 30 years and I have no recollection of his manic states, I have been witness to my sister's. There was one point in the book where Charles is Manic and ranting to Karena regarding their mother and I put the book down and went "Oh My God" because almost word for word of his rant was a rant that my sister had regarding my mother. I even went so much as to call my mother and remarked that for this book being fiction the author was right on. She must have done some extensive research into the subject.

In the end I enjoyed reading this book immensely. I felt like I read it in a whirlwind (no pun intended). I liked the character of Kevin but the only thing I found disturbing was Motorcycle Guy. Did anyone else think that perhaps the tornado killed him and they just ran him over in the melee? Perhaps I missed something, I mean I know about the mirror but the experience they described regarding hitting him seemed like it was a bump (like he was run over) more than clipping the motorcycle. And really? Would someone be out chasing storms on a motorcycle? Although in the end I was glad to see closure regarding Motorcyle Guy as well.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stormchasers.