Clare's Reviews > Queen of Babble Gets Hitched

Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot

Feb 07, 12

Read from January 30 to February 01, 2012

The vacillating between Luke and Chaz at the beginning of this book went on waaaay too long, in my opinion. (Also, I could not read the name Chaz without thinking about how the girls on Go Fug Yourself use the name Chaz as a synonym for douchebag, which was pretty distracting since he plays such a major role in this book.) It seemed like most of the action in this book took place in concentrated bursts. (I know when it rains it pours, etc., etc., but are we really supposed to believe that Lizzie broke up with her fiance, lost her job, lost her apartment, launched her own line of bridal wear, and purchased a $4.5 million building all in the span of a couple days?) Also, the way her relationship with Chaz was wrapped up really bothered me...although I can get behind the "marriage is more important than the wedding" lesson, it seems like the ultimate lesson here should have been that it's not a very good idea to get married to someone you've only been dating for six months. Oy.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Babble Gets Hitched.