Blain Dillard's Reviews > Sh*t My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

Jan 23, 2012

Read from January 13 to 22, 2012

Pardon the 4 letter word... Usually it has an asterisk in the title! Anyway... I finished this last night, and have to say it was pretty good, despite all the bad language. I mean, seriously, the author's father doesn't say anything G rated. This book is full of foul language and I can't believe a father would say all this stuff, much less in the presence of his kids. On the other hand, it was downright @&^%$ hilarious. I laughed out loud at many of the conversations recounted by Halpern, sometimes late at night while my wife was asleep next to me!

I think the thing that I could appreciate was that the father really does exhibit unconditional love for his son. He has moments of great fatherly wisdom, and much of that is the straight talk that kids need. The author is just as screwed up as most people I know who grew up in a cuss-free home. But again, the language was horrid. If you can tolerate that, then this was a pretty good book, and an enjoyable break between serious novel chapters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sh*t My Dad Says.

01/13/2012