M.'s Reviews > Accordance

Accordance by Shelly Crane

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: ya-pnr, i-don-t-know-why-its-hyped, truly-ya-not-for-cynics-like-me
Recommended for: People who like daytime soap operas
Read from June 08 to 09, 2012

*REVIEW WITH SPOILERS*

Good Lord, this book was very YA and one of the most frustrating books I've read in a while. The bulk of it was Maggie and Caleb trying to defend their relationship to Kyle, Bish, Beck, and like everyone else in the state of California. It was exhausting!
Bish was a pain in the butt and I would have never put up with such a behavior from a brother. Kyle was obnoxious and inappropriate and it pissed me off that Maggie put up with his BS and didn't tell him to go to hell. I wanted to punch him most of the time. And why in the world did Caleb bring Maggie's best friend and her boyfriend to Cali? Just to add more complication to the story? It didn't make any sense.
Also, the whole Bish and Jen can't be together was really aggravating. Everything was just too soap opera for my taste.
The plot pretty much relied on these annoyances and TSTL moments. Also the heroes were always being caught by surprise by the bad guys. Like all the time! How did the Watsons manage to invade Kyle's home in the first place if the Jacobsons were the one with the kick ass abilities. It was just too convenient.
I read the blurb for the next book and I think I will wait until the final book is out to read one after the other because it will be just as frustrating as Accordance.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Accordance.