Chrissy's Reviews > Faithful: Two Diehard Boston Red Sox Fans Chronicle the Historic 2004 Season

Faithful by Stewart O'Nan

Jul 26, 08

Recommended to Chrissy by: Paco
Read in July, 2008

My first thought when I read who the authors were was "Who is Stewart O'Nan? I'm very familiar with Stephen King and know he's a huge Sox fan, but before reading this book I never heard of the other author.
If you're not a baseball fan, this book is not for you. If you are, then this book not only gives details of most Sox games of the 2004 season, but also what it meant to the authors. The commentary that King and O'Nan give is great. One of my favorite passages is when O'Nan talks about his inlaws watching Sox games and how Uncle so and so would have the sound off because he hated the announcers and would listen with his transitor radio or Grandpa so and so would cheer this way... In essence, that is what it is to spend the summer in New England. Everyone roots for the Red Sox and has some special quirk about watching the games.
Some of the stats--well, it gets boring considering that this season is now four years old. Again, if your not a baseball fan, this book would get very boring very fast.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faithful.