Deena's Reviews > Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

Apr 06, 12

Read from February 05 to April 06, 2012

I did it! What a sense of accomplishment! I just finished reading a book primarily about getting your life (simplifying) and home (spring cleaning/organizing) in order! I was plugging along nicely on the read until it hit me...The author actually has an expectation that I APPLY what I was reading! Ya know? Is it too much to ask to JUST be left content READING about improving without actually having to bother with the whole APPLICATION business? ;) Mm Hmm. It's one of "those" books.

Truth be told, I actually find cleaning and organizing to be cathartic. Which was the reason I was drawn to Organized Simplicity in the first place. I experienced every reaction from: 1) "You go girl! I'm right there on that soapbox with you!" 2)"Oh, that makes sense. I'll have to try it." 3)"Yeah. I'll have to work on that." [Head down. Tail between the legs.]

It's a tidy and well-organized book. I found myself cleaning a lot along the way. But not the items suggested. Because I'm a rebel. I enjoyed the focus on family/relationships vs. acquiring stuff and overbooked schedules. My on-the-ball friends will find much of it to be common sense. In other words, how useful it is depends on where you're coming from.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Organized Simplicity.