Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Red Knit Cap Girl

Red Knit Cap Girl by Naoko Stoop

Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012-release, mundie-kids-reviews, arcs-i-own, 2012-debut-author, books-i-own
Read in January, 2012

If there's only one children's picture book you pick up this year, this is the one to get! Naoko's beautiful illustrations and heartwarming story capture the heart of imagination for those both young and old. It's a lovely story about friendship, adventure, and captures the essence of childhood perfectly. Red Knit Cap Girl and her woodland friends want to meet the moon. How does one go about doing that? You'll have to jump into this story's delightful world and take the journey with Red Knit Cap Girl to find out. I promise the journey will be worth it!

Not one to want to cut a book apart, I freely admit the illustrations in this book made me want to actually remove the pages just so I could frame them and hang them. They're that cute! Thank you to Little Brown, I've got two spreads from Naoko Stoop's book to share with you today. The first one is one of my absolute favorite pictures from the book.

*please visit Mundie Kids to see the spreads:

Red Knit Cap Girl is a story I HIGHLY recommend picking up. It's not just a story young readers will enjoy, but one that "older" readers will too. I'm looking forward to reading many more adventures of Red Knit Cap Girl and Enchanted Forest Friends.

If you love Naoko's illustrations, I highly recommend checking out her Esty shop.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Knit Cap Girl.