Phillip Dimarzo's Reviews > Red Dragon

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris

M_50x66
Jan 23, 12

RED DRAGON was the first in the series of four books surrounding Hannibal Lecter. We don't see much of the doctor in this book, though he's obviously never far from the thoughts of Will Graham and, therefore, the reader. Like the second installment of the series, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, Lecter is merely a secondary character, a serial killer on the loose leads us to him. It takes a killer to know one, and especially one as intelligent as Lecter obviously is. We first meet the main character of the book, Will Graham, being little more than a beach bum in sunny Sugarloaf, Florida. Section Chief Jack Crawford has come to him looking for help solving the murders of two families. Lecter is incarcerated because of Will Graham, having gotten away with nine known murders before getting caught. Will was badly injured by Lecter and got out of the investigating business after that. He's since gotten married and works as a diesel mechanic, taking in stray dogs that no one else will have. Once Crawford shows him the pictures of the families, he's in. Begrudgingly, but he is. I like this book mainly because it had a good movie that made you want to read the book even more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Dragon.