Anabel's Reviews > Interrupting Chicken

Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

F_50x66
Jan 23, 12

Read in January, 2012

Interrupting Chicken, a Caldecott Honor Book, by David Ezra is a must have for any primary classroom! This book is ideal for teaching young readers classroom management skills such as…...not interrupting during a read aloud and raising their hands, through a comical story of a little chicken who loves books. The main character in this story is a young little chicken that enjoys being read bedtime stories by her father. However, every time her father reaches the climax of the fairytales, interrupting chicken jumps right in with warnings and her own spin on the classic fairytales. Finally, since little chicken has interrupted all her fairytales, she is left with no bedtime story. Therefore, determined to hearing a good story before going to bed, she decides to write her own story. Children of all ages would absolutely love this book. It not only has great artwork, it also gets kids excited about reading and writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Interrupting Chicken.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda I'm really looking forward to using this book as a read aloud with my kindergarten students, since that is a reoccurring problem that they have, but it would also be a fun way to teach them a lesson about what happens if one continues to interrupt. Can't wait to read it to them! Thanks for the great idea!

message 2: by Ricky (new)

Ricky Medina I agree with you Yolanda! My students are a bit older but do the same thing. It is a fun way to approach a problem without putting too much blame on the kids. They will learn a lesson without even knowing it!

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Christy I am also looking forward to reading interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein to my classroom, kids and ex-husband since, this is a problem for all of them!!! I have heard the art work is beautiful and colorful. It is always fun to have the kids learn a lesson in a playful manner.