Ambyr's Reviews > 2012: The War For Souls

2012 by Whitley Strieber

Feb 21, 12

bookshelves: i-have-on-audio
Read from January 23 to February 20, 2012

I really went back and forth on this one. The detail is very... detailed. But there are part of this book where it really felt like the author put the writing down and just didn't bother to re-read the previous bit before starting again; serious contradictions. Because I read this in a continuation, these contradictions not only stand out, they grate against me.
Furthermore, there were so many areas of the book where Strieber went into so much detail it was like diarrhea of the pen, where the detail didn't need to be that involved for the point to be very, VERY clear... and then other places where the detail was so minuscule that it was infuriating. A great example of the latter is when talking about (view spoiler)
And while twist and turns in the plot are generally what makes a story great, there was just too many needless ones here. They didn't go together and many of them, again, contradicted one another.
Overall, it was okay to read once. I absolutely won't be doing it again, that's for sure.
If you're reading this review to try and figure out if you should pick this book up, I can't say I'd recommend you do.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2012.