Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus's Reviews > Mystery Man

Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley

May 24, 12

bookshelves: hot-hot-alpha-s, queen-ka, these-books-are-the-shit
Read from May 22 to 24, 2012

This is my first Kristen Ashley book **insert your gasp here**, I know I know I'm a bit slow off the mark! but when I have 5 friends all reading Motorcycle Man 2 reading Rock Chick Rescue and one reading Rock Chick Renegade I figured I'd better jump on the Train!

I'm soo glad I did!

To me this book was kind of like......
BDB mixed with SATC crossed with the BOI's.
BDB because of the UBER-ALPHA MALENESS. that Hawk gives off. The whole MINE thing. The bossiness. The insatiableness and the ability to give 4 orgasms in half an hour! Obviously nothing to with Vampires.They are all human. I was just trying to get the ALPHA male part across. Basically Hawk acted like a Bonded male! LOL

and the BOIS's because he was a kick-ass Ex Military, some kind of Commando who controlled everything, he was the Boss man, stalkery, uber rich, had boy's to do "stuff" for him. He Knew people. etc. People were employed just to run surveillance on Gwen.

Sex and The City because the girls were great, funny, not scared to talk about everything. Oh and all the sweet food and the Cosmo's!

Basically what I'm trying to say is I loved it! It had hot cars, not one.not two.but THREE HOT MEN house bombings, drive by's, explosive sex, dark secrets, sooooooo many laugh out moments, "special guests", drugs, kidnapping, ransom threats, DEA, a motorcycle gang, heartbreak, cosmopolitans, funny friends, cookie dough, the FBI, Jimmy Choo's, and an intelligent witty amazing storyline.

OH and a FUCKING FANTASTIC epilogue! I loved that part the best!

My only Con in this book are "sweet pea" and "baby". HOW MANY TIMES DID IT NEED TO BE SAID?! Don't get me wrong I loved that his reply to everything was "Babe" (It kind of reminded me of Ranger from The Stephanie Plum series) it's just.. yeah too much for me...

I'm going to go back and read the "Rock Chick" Series before I move into #2 in this series due to Lee Nightingdale appearance.

Happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mystery Man.

Quotes Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Liked

Kristen Ashley
“Are you here to freak me out in any other way?"
"Nope."
"This would include asking me for a date," I warned.
"Babe, don't date," he replied.
"You don't?"
"Do tequila shots followed by 5 hours of sex count as a date? he asked.
"Um... no," I answered.
"Then I don't date."
I smiled at him.
Then, stupidly, I asked. "You can have sex for 5 hours?"
He smiled at me.
Yikes.
Moving on.”
Kristen Ashley, Mystery Man

05/22/2012
6.0% "So I've met Tack and the MM... Both are pretty hot so far.." 3 comments
05/23/2012
76.0% "Oh wow... Tack, Hawk and Lawson... I'll take all 3 please ^_^" 11 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susan (susayq ~) *whispers*I haven't read any of her books yet either, but I did get this one this week so I could try :)

Karla Great review Kellie. You have been sucked into the KA vortex of hot reads! She is known for her fabulous epilouges, not so much in the RC series, but in all her other books. You find yourself reading them over and over. Get used to the "pet" names, all the H's tag their women with one. Some are hard to swallow, but for the most part they aren't too bad. The stories are soooo good, I can live with it! All aboard...Kellie's hopped onto the KA train!!

Karla Susan (susayq) wrote: "*whispers*I haven't read any of her books yet either, but I did get this one this week so I could try :)"

Go for it, you won't regret it Susan!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Karla I sure as hell have! I flew from Melbourne to Adelaide this morning at 5am... So yep 4 in the morning I'm sitting at the airport reading rock chick. I think I need help! LOL

I don't mind pet names. Most books I've read have them KGI, BOI's, BDB etc.. I just thought it was overkill. but I'll get passed it I'm sure.

message 5: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Welcome to the world that IS Kristen Ashley! Love her alphas!! Great review, too...such enthusiasm! ;)

Blacky *Romance Addict* This was my first KA book too, and i got addicted to her :) You'll see, they just keep getting better and better, you chose a good one to start with :)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Oh ladies.. I am offically hooked!! I am storming through the Rock Chick books. I'm up to 5 already! Reviews to come. But tell me who's your favourite couple?!

Simone This is my first too!
And I cant wait *grin*

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Simone wrote: "This is my first too!
And I cant wait *grin*"

Oh Simone..I'm so excited for you!
Buckle up tight cos once your on the KA train you can't get off! Prepare to start devouring every series she has!