Kurt Gielen's Reviews > The Flinch

The Flinch by Julien Smith

Jan 23, 12

To me this was "Poke the box" rewritten. Until I came to the end where he mentioned that "the goal isn't to get used to he pain. It's to understand that pain is something you can survive." And the next day I broke 2 bones in my hand skiing and realized why he wrote this book: for the last year I have been working to take my life to the next level with great success, finance, health, personal development, career and relationships all have made massive progress towards the goal. And now this happens!

And in the past this accident would have made me stop and tell myself it was all in vain. And I would have gone back to my old habits. Now I know shit/pain happens, even if we don't actively look for it. But it is merely a break on the path we're on.

So rather then stopping, I'm now asking myself how I'm going to make the most out of this: how is this accident impacting each area (if at all). And I have already found some great positive impacts of this in a few areas! The one area that I still need to figure out how to deal with this is in the health area. No idea how I'm going to maintain 3 sessions in the gym with a broken hand but I'm sure my PT will havean answer to that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flinch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kurt Gielen Two weeks later I can answer that last part also: Work my abs and legs! Simple come to think about it.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

You're review helped make part of it click for me that hadn't clicked yet, thanks!