Vasco's Reviews > O Último Segredo

Jan 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: novels
Read in January, 2012

I gave 3 stars to this book mainly because it took me a day to read it. Of course that's not the best criterion to rate a novel, but I think when a story is as captivating and well written as this is, it must be rewarded by the reader.
On another hand, it's a book full of historical information that lights a new understanding over some of the Biblical facts and stories. Every sentence is well documented. To believe it, fully or some of it, or not, it's a matter of culture, choice and faith, but I think this new (or old as the author would say) view over Jesus Christ beliefs is important for us to understand him as a Man, a Human Being, instead of as a God.
The negative part which didn't allow me to give a better rating to this book regards the novel construction. In my opinion some parts of the story are not realistic. I'm referring to the way characters interact with each other, it's not always as I would expect (in real-life, I mean), and ultimately the whole strategy of the villains that I think it just wasn't believable.
Nevertheless, congratulations and thanks to the author for the good time I spent reading this good book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read O Último Segredo.