⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝'s Reviews > The Dark Age

The Dark Age by Jeff W. Horton

Apr 25, 12

Read from April 23 to 25, 2012

This is more of a 3.5...I am rating this book as 3.5 stars because it didn't completely hold my attention. I wanted to know what happened in the end, but I wasn't sure I wanted to sit there and actually read it. However, I would have loved loved to sit and watch this as a movie!!!!

The Story
Five-hundred years ago the sun sent out an EMP and that energy got trapped in the Earth's magnetic field causing all electrical equipment to quit working and not come back online again. The world is now living like they are in the Dark Ages and the church has heard of a story to bring life back to it's full glory again. Farrell is of the Warrior Clan who can fight like no other!! He is a badass. Alex and his daughter are awesome too, he is someone who searches and finds things all sneaky like....Indiana Jones-esq. Kraken is the evil bad guy who is sadistic and will turn the world into hell on earth basically. This is an epic story about God and the people who have decided to take on evil.

Likes
--I liked the storyline for the most part. It flowed well and the ideas seemed well thought out.
--The authors point of view of God stayed consistent through out and the characters were well developed and grew through out the book.

Dislikes
--I didn't like that I didn't know that this was going to be such a God-centric book, so I wasn't prepared for that and I wish I would have been. I mean, I knew it was going to have religion in it, but it was way way more than I expected.
--The fact that there were soooooo many characters right off the bat. I got a bit confused as to who was who and I probably shoulda taken notes at first.
--The conversations were sometimes a little to technical/clinical. Not how someone would actually form a sentence if they were saying it out loud....or that's how it seemed to me.

Conclusion
This is a good post-apocalyptic type of story, warriors and evil doers and sword fights and action and armies clashing in battle. Personally, not a story I wanted to read and would have rather watched as a movie. If you are in to epic battle scenes and people coming together to help the world....read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Age.