Roxanne Kade's Reviews > Straight to Hell

Straight to Hell by Michelle Scott

Jan 22, 12

Read from January 16 to 21, 2012

I tired so hard to get into this book but I just couldn't, and for the life of me I have no idea why!!

It was a fun read and I did enjoy the story because it was so original. It also gave a lighter side to serious stuff like death and funerals etc. The problem was that I just wasn't able to connect with it in any way. The character of Lilith Straight was just that, a character, she didn't feel very real to me, and I love characters who I can relate to in some way or another.

Unfortunately there were times when I got bored with the book and just had to put it down (which is very strange for me because normally I'm keeping my eyes open with matchsticks just so I can read that last chapter)

Having said this I still gave it 3 stars and I would recommend it to people who are looking for something witty and quirky to pass the time with.

Thanks to R2R and Michelle Scott for giving me the opportunity to read Straight to HEll.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Straight to Hell.

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Post Thanks for the review! Gave me a great idea what the book's like.

Erin  Dove I am in the middle of this book right now, and I am glad to see someone is feeling the same way that I am. I got a copy to review, and from the synopsis thought it was going to be fantastic. You hit the nail on the head about not being able to relate to the characters. I find I can really get into a book when I fall in love with one of the characters, this hasnt happened...at least not yet.