Dusty Craine's Reviews > The Concrete Blonde

The Concrete Blonde by Michael Connelly

Feb 07, 2012

Read from January 21 to February 07, 2012 , read count: 1

This one kept me guessing until the very end. On one occasion I really thought I had figured it out. In my own defense, I think Connelly steered us in that direction and when the characters in the book announced my belief I thought YES! I was right.. and then No! I wasn't. This book has an incredible twist ending.

This book was also equal parts legal thriller as police procedural. This book takes place while Harry and the LAPD are on trial for the supposed wrongful death of an innocent man. The man’s widow says that her husband was not the Dollmaker, as Harry and the LAPD had determined.

The Dollmaker trial is a nice bit of continuity since we heard about the Dollmaker killing in at least one of the previous two books.

Harry and the LAPD are convinced they have the right man until another letter from the Dollmaker and a new body surfaces with all of the murderer’s characteristics. Has a serial killer been allowed to roam free while an innocent man took the blame? Did Harry kill the wrong man? All will be revealed.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Concrete Blonde.