Librarian Kate's Reviews > Love Means... No Shame

Love Means... No Shame by Andrew  Grey

Jan 22, 2012

This is a classic Andrew Grey story - sweet, insta-love at first sight, leave any brutal reality checks at the door, get swept along with the "how will Geoff and Eli finally accept their love for each other" - you know, the kind of stuff you read romance stories FOR. My daughter hooked me on romances, because once I figured out they ALL had happy endings (it's REQUIRED, you know) I knew I'd found my guilty pleasure.

Once I got past those icky Regency romances and found M/M romance, I found that sometimes, I just like to read a sweet love story. Hold the angst, stir in some extra declarations of undying love, and sprinkle with some "ah, sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you" to create a soothing yet refreshing concoction that sends you back to real life with a hope that somewhere, love does run that smooth, and the HEA has a soundtrack with lots of sentimental orchestral music.

The characters aren't uber conflicted or complicated, the happy ending is never in doubt...but I don't mean to imply that this story is shallow or overly simple. It's a charming tale of city boy finds his country roots, sheltered Amish lad finds his true self, family circles round to support them (except for the bitchy aunt who gets the smackdown she deserves)...it's like a tall glass of sweet tea on a hot day - it just makes you feel good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Means... No Shame.