Patrick Hayes's Reviews > Revan

Revan by Drew Karpyshyn

Jan 22, 12

Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: Once

Much better than I thought it would be. I have never played The Old Republic video game, but I love Star Wars and I love reading about Jedi, so there you go. I didn't know that Revan was a Jedi, turned Sith, then after a mind wipe by the Jedi Council, a Jedi again, but held in contempt, because as a Sith he murdered thousands. Now married, Revan, who hides his identity from all, feels as though something evil is outside the galaxy, approaching to attack. First he goes on a mission involving Mandalorians, which was pretty nifty (and gave the origin of a famous Mando), then his path crosses the other major character of this story, Darth Scourge, an up and coming Sith who has fallen under the seduces of a member of the Sith Council. Once the two meet things heat up, and the last 100 pages are great. The ending is even better! I can't discuss any part of the final battle, but the Epilogue is masterful, and necessary, and I'd be willing to buy a drink for Drew Karpyshyn to thank him for a fantastically told tale. Bravo!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revan.