Lynn's Reviews > The Most Dangerous Thing

The Most Dangerous Thing by Laura Lippman

Jan 07, 14

bookshelves: did-not-finish
Read from January 22 to 25, 2012

I'm sad to say that I didn't like this book. Sad because Laura Lippman has always been a favourite of mine. I should have paid attention to the reviews on the book. They were all about Lippman's writing with nary a comment on this particular book. That tells you something.

The story is about five adults who were friends in childhood. At the beginning of the book one of the five, Gordon or Go Go as he is better known, falls off the wagon and a barstool to begin a drunken drive home. The end result is that Go Go will never go go again. As the remaining four reunite and dredge up the past, we find they are harbouring a secret from their past. The plot was fairly transparent, not usual for a Lippman book. Lippman moves back and forth between the 70's and the present day. At first Gwen is the narrator for the 70's segments. All of a sudden it is first person plural and I have no idea who was talking. Nor did I really care.

Don't judge Lippman's writing by this book. She can craft a mystery with the best of them. Maybe it's time we caught up with Tess Monaghan again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Most Dangerous Thing.