brian 's Reviews > The Flame Alphabet

The Flame Alphabet by Ben Marcus

193310
Mar 25, 12

one of the threads in this ball-of-yarn of a novel involves a group of jews who visit secret holes dug deep in the forest from which sermons pour forth -- the holy cavities referred to as 'jew holes', a phrase which repeatedly pops up throughout the flame alphabet.

amongst my group of friends this phrase also reoccurs, albeit, in a slightly different context: working out latent homosexuality married to not-as-latent self-loathing jeweyness, we frequently urge the other to 'pound my jew-hole' 'ram it in my quivering jew-hole' 'stretch my jew-hole so bad i gotta wear diapers for a week' etc etc etc
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flame Alphabet.

Jonfaith sounds wicked cool. I will duly pursue.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio I'll take what I can get, Jew-hole.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio I feel like Marcus would dig this review. Just a feeling in my WASP-hole.

message 4: by brian (last edited Jan 22, 2012 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

brian   oh, there's not a doubt in my mind he intended the double entendre. and not just in a fancy, symbolic 'hole as vagina/womb/birth' way... despite his very serious author photo, i bet he snickered every single time he wrote 'jew hole'

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Ha! Yeah. I saw a video clip of him speaking and it destroyed the super weird dark intense guy idea I had in mind before. He definitely laughed at "Jew-hole".