Ronda Tutt's Reviews > Labyrinth

Labyrinth by Tarah Scott

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: erotic, mystery, paranormal, romance-mystery, time-travel, historical
Read on January 22, 2012

Uniquely Twisted & Hot!

This wonderful story is so unique with the mystery behind the curse of Logan, Colin and the haunted Castle Morrison. The author has woven other elements into the story such as a touch of paranormal with witchcraft, spells, and voodoo magic within our modern world of erotic romance that is required to break the spell.

The element time travel is even added as the witch “Cat” in the modern world is also the same witch who originally cast the spell back in time but has somehow re-incarnated throughout time (300 years). To make it even more interesting the reader is introduced to a little historical element by learning about the Templars and their society of supposedly hidden treasures which added more to the twist of the mystery.

This story is not a fast paced read; it is full of information that leads up to the discovery of solving the mystery and I have to say all the clues had me glued to the pages. Normally I can have the mystery figured out within 1/3rd of the book but not in this one, I didn’t figure it out till towards the end.

I have to say that the character buildup of Margot was brilliant, she is one kick A S S heroine and sexy as H E L L. The author definitely did her homework on how a detective/sheriff works a case and the fact that the training you receive always remains with you even when you are not on duty. I loved how Margot knew how to estimate the deaths of the victims with the rotting decay of their bodies, very educational even for me.

Cat the Witch is like a black widow, she thrives on the kill in order to free her lover and Margot is determined to catch her. Logan and Colin’s characters are sexy and their bodies are sex on a stick with just one glance, one breath and one touch they have you melting in their hands and taking your breath away.

The erotic scenes are sizzling hot and will no doubt have you wishing they were in your own dreams. The history behind Colin and Logan is interesting as well, I always love reading about the Templars and their secret society and thought this was an excellent buildup for the mystery.

The meat of the story definitely kept me entranced, however the ending had my head a spinning with Margot realizing she was in love with two men at once but when the choice was made of which one she would leave behind and choose, Faith and destiny jumps in and chooses her path for her. Totally wicked how life throws us all curve balls.

This is one mystery story worth reading, Great Read!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Labyrinth.