Mandy Sickle's Reviews > A Demon Made Me Do It

A Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope King

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: first-in-series, read-2012, read2review, paranormal, young-adult, favorites, reading-diaries-reviews, ebooks
Read from April 14 to 23, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I received this book to review. It's been on my to wishlist for a while and I was super excited to receive a copy. I read the first 60% in one sitting I couldn't put it down. I was immediately sucked into the story, I ended up taking it in my purse and reading it while my husband drove.
The story is about a girl who is half demon and half human who encounters twin girl demons who split her in half in essence. Her human half has control during the daylight hours and her demon half has control during the night hours. They are essentially two different people who share one body, or maybe two personalities is a better description.
The human half is Liora she's a high school girl who tries to blend in. Her teachers all hate her as well as most of the students. She's more or less a loner, she does have a few friends but she's not able to hang out after dark so she avoids situations and the possibility of questions she doesn't want to answer. She lives with Tatiana her guardian who happens to be a witch, who saved her when her friends where murdered. She looks after her and make sure that she's taken care of, also keeps the demon half in check.
The demon half is Lucky she's a fire demon from what I gather. She spends her nights working for Tatiana collecting debts, torturing, and even killing demons. She's resentful of Liora she hates that she's stuck only having to live at night only. She tends to overpower Liora and get her in trouble at school, part of the reason the teachers don't like Liora. She's kinda of the tough girl with a chip on her shoulder.
The both have encounters with a handsome dark haired guy. Each one falls for him yet doesn't know that the other knows him. Liora doesn't know he's not human, and Lucky doesn't know that Liora even knows him. His name is Kieron he develops relationships with each girl creating a bond as each girl falls in love with him. Only to find out that there is more to him then just a half demon.

The story kept me on the edge of my seat I found myself rooting for both Lucky and Liora because each one is special in her own way. You can't help liking each one. The characters are very well developed. I kinda see Kieron as like Mr. Perfect as I read the story but he does have a few flaws but he's kinda of the guy that every girl wants to have as the love of her life.
I loved the book I can't say that enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Demon Made Me Do It.

04/20/2012 page 1