Sarah (Inklings Read)'s Reviews > Tiger's Curse

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Feb 11, 12

bookshelves: audiobook, own
Read from January 24 to February 10, 2012

Tiger's Curse flaunts some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever read! It was easy to imagine the gorgeous, lush, and exotic places found in this story. Colleen's descriptions were detailed without being the least bit overbearing. Because the story covers a wide range of geographic locations, if you love books with travel, this one is for you!

With travel usually comes adventure, and I found the story to be extremely adventurous! Think Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider! There were more than enough riddles, puzzles, and death traps to keep any action fan satisfied. So of course, I was beaming! The action scenes were never repetitive and always entertaining!

Unfortunately the great scenery and awesome plot were unable to distract me from my inability to relate to Kelsey. I found her quite frustrating! Yes, she had a traumatic childhood, but there's something wrong with a girl who can resist Ren's charms. A sweet and handsome Indian prince... How can you say no to that!?! Her constant denial of her obvious feelings for Ren drove me up a wall. I wanted to reach through my speakers and smack some sense into her. By the end of the book, I could understand her reasons a bit more clearly, though I'm hoping she is not as emotionally closed off in the next book!

I don't know what I would have done had I not listened to Tiger's Curse. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to pronounce half of the Indian words and names! Annika Boras did a truly phenomenal job with the accents and pronunciations - not that I would have known any different, but they sounded authentic to me! She was also wonderful at portraying emotion with her voice: never overdone and never lacking.

The ending of Tiger's Curse was predictable, yet satisfying. Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to the continuation of The Tiger Saga! I highly recommend this audiobook to paranormal and adventure fans alike!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Curse.

01/24/2012
01/30/2012
25.0% "Original. I like it!"
01/31/2012
50.0% "Love the settings in this one so far!"
02/02/2012
60.0% "love the kiss!! so cute"
02/03/2012