Deborah Hughes's Reviews > Lady of The Shadows

Lady of The Shadows by Belinda M. Weikel

Jan 22, 12

Read from January 06 to 07, 2012

This was an engrossing and interesting read. The lead character, Althea,has unusual powers and is a heroine you can like right from the start. The world that the author, Weikel, has created leaves for all sorts of wonderful future stories! The Guardian idea is intriguing. Using all manner of creatures and beings, good and bad, there is something going on all the time. The arrival of Tassos, a mega-male who is "all that" plus some, is a great addition to an already fascinating story! Although there were some minor errors with words being missing or repeated, they numbered few and didn't detract from my involvement with the story. If it weren't for the super-heated chemistry between Althea and Tassos and a particularly "hot" scene between them, I'd say that this story would be a great fit for teens and young adult. However, since it does include that delicious hotness I mentioned and some violence, it could not be categorized for that sort of crowd. But as I fall into neither of those categories and enjoyed it too, then I guess this book ought to attract readers of all ages! The heroine is young and shows it on occasion and that is why I think the older sect might not embrace this book wholeheartedly. It will be interesting to see this character mature over time. So, over all, I'd say this book offers an interesting world with fascinating characters and intriguing set-ups for future books! Brava to Weikel for writing a great story and inventing a world one could easily get lost in. Highly recommend for those who like dark fantasy with some romance, lots of action, plot twists and turns, a heroine to root for and an over-the-top supporting cast to keep it all interesting and engaging!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady of The Shadows.