Tess's Reviews > When Destiny Knocks

When Destiny Knocks by Heather M. White

Jan 22, 2012

Read on February 23, 2012

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?! Crazzzzy ending!!! & this cover rocks even more after reading the book...review to come soon!

**********

When Destiny Knocks was everything I could've imagined! It has kick-butt heroine, an awesome paranormal world, and a SWOON worthy dude. This book really had it all!

Karlie's mom unexpectedly dies and she is forced to move from New York to a little town in Arkansas to stay with her un-involved, workaholic, awkward dad. I really loved experiencing the move with Karlie, and it was entertaining when Karlie was getting accustomed to Southern culture and Heather definitely portrays it perfectly! This is just one of the many changes that Karlie has to face.

It seems like the catalyst for these changes is when Karlie lays eyes on Shane! SWOON! I mean how can you not fall head-over-heels for a dark-haired, green eyed guy!!! But as you can probably tell from the summary a lot of problems arise from the star-crossed love, and now Shane has to figure out a way to keep Karlie safe from his own father.

Now for the paranormal! You've got deamons, angels, trolls, ogres, werewolves, vampires, shape shifters, and witches. Heather pretty much got it all in there! The paranormal aspect of this book was definitely unique! The focus wasn't really on all these creatures but more so what Karlie is becoming and how these creatures are either trying to kill her, or save her before she reaches the age of 17 and is able to reach her full power. Karlie's powers are totally cool y'all! She can do everything from teleportation to reading peoples minds! She would be invincible if she was 17 but in the few months before her birthday she gets pretty close to death's door many times. Karlie and her friends really kick- butt in this book and they are all really awesome (especially Shane, not Alex)

This action-packed romance is a must for anyone who loves the paranormal, a strong female lead, and a HOT guy! And it will leave you dying for the sequel When Destiny Strikes coming out April 15th!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Destiny Knocks.

02/23/2012
31.0% "Well...I'm hooked..."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Evie (new)

Evie Sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out!!! :)

Tess Evie wrote: "Sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out!!! :)"

Im holding a giveaway for it on my blog right now!