Brooke's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Sep 23, 14

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from February 12 to 16, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This book started of a little slow to me. I guess because I wasn't used to the writing. The book is set in the 1800s so of course the author would make it want to seem that it was right! I was reminded of Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights at first. It's been so long since I read a classic like that. The language seemed so odd. And I just wasn't getting it at first. Then it just clicked and WOW I am glad it did. This is truly a great book. So different from anything I have ever read. The characters are very well developed, although Will is still a mystery to me, which makes me want to continue on to the next book, of course! You can see Miss Gray's character change from a girl who was completely innocent to someone who begins to really understand the world around her. And the tension between her and Will, and her and Jem, is unmistakeable. I really enjoyed this and I am looking forward to the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Quotes Brooke Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Oh, I can never get enough. Which, incidentally, is what your sister said when--”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

Cassandra Clare
“Will pointed a finger accusingly in their direction. "You're ganging up on me. Is this how it's going to be from now on? I'll be the odd man out? Dear God, I'll have to befriend Jessamine."

"Jessamine can't stand you," Jem pointed out.

"Henry, then."

"Henry will set you on fire.”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

02/13/2012
6.0% "A little weird, but I'll stick with it."
02/13/2012
12.0% "Ok, now I'm hooked! LOL!"
02/14/2012
26.0% "My battery died on my last night while I was reading...argh!"
02/16/2012
61.0% "Ok, so I'm finally really into this. For me it took much longer than expected, tho :("
show 7 hidden updates…