diana (chaotic reader)'s Reviews > The Book of Lost Souls

The Book of Lost Souls by Michelle Muto

Jan 29, 12

bookshelves: my-favorite

** spoiler alert ** I started with The Book of Lost Souls thinking that this is one of those books that I'll read overtime and forget about after a week or so. But I was clearly wrong. The Book of Lost Souls is pure awesomeness and I love, love, love it!

Ivy MacTavish is just like your typical teenage girl who just wants a hot date for a Halloween dance to catch the attention of the hottest guy in school whom she has this huge crush on. Being a witch - and a powerful one at that - she had this crazy idea to turn her friend's brother's lizard into a gorgeous hot date she just needed. Turns out, this is the perfect recipe for a disaster that would start a chain of events that'll change her life forever (or maybe I'm just being overly dramatic, haha).

Ivy is a determined, independent, hardheaded, kick ass heroine. She was a very relateable character and you just can't help but feel happy, depressed and fall in love with her.

And then there's the resident hot, gorgeous demon with a bad reputation. Nick Marcelli got his eye on Ivy but since Ivy refused him twice now, it will take more than his good looks to win Ivy over. And he can be really persistent.. Nick is not your typical swoon-worthy bad boy. He's really sweet and charming especially when he wants to be.

I love how the romance between the two played out. It really took its time to develop. There were a lot of conflicting emotions especially on Ivy's part.

The Book of Lost Souls was written beautifully. It had just the right amount of action, drama, humor and romance. I found the writing to be carefree and light and I just savored every minute of reading it.

This book is definitely a page turner and I found it hard to untangle myself from it. This is definitely a must read - hands down.

It actually reminded me of bits and pieces of Hex Hall (another series I just love!). All the characters were amazingly written - all of whom have unique and intriguing personalities. You just can't help but love 'em all.

The Book of Lost Souls deserves more than just five stars! Happy reading :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Lost Souls.