Karen's Reviews > Wonder

Wonder by R.J. Palacio

Dec 27, 2012

bookshelves: book-club-possibility, character-study, childrensbooks, great-characters, literary-elements, mg-chapter, point-of-view, theme, 2012-book
Read in December, 2012

Words cannot express how much I love Auggie, the main character, and his family!! This is such a powerful book!!

2nd read -- in the wee hours of April 1, I finished Wonder for the 2nd time, and this time I read far more carefully in preparation for our GREat Book Discussion (parent/student) this Tuesday. If possible, it was even better the 2nd time, because I read more thoughtfully, with post-its at the ready. Characters were richer and more fleshed out for me this time. LOVE this book!

3rd read -- Dec/ - Knowing that this was going to be the read aloud for all 4th and 5th graders at my school after break, reread this book once again. Having chatted with R J Palacio at Nerdy Book Club party, love this book even more. Am hoping for some very powerful dialogue between all the students.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wonder.

Susan This is my next read aloud. I'm looking forward to seeing Auggie through my students' eyes. :)

Josie Stewart Karen, I will be very interested to hear about the conversations that you have in the Parent/student book talk. How powerful.