Liz at Fictional Candy's Reviews > Wicked Road to Hell

Wicked Road to Hell by Juliana Stone

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: vampire, demon, paranormal
Read in April, 2012

In Wicked Road to Hell we meet Declan (awesome name, btw!), who is a sorcerer who has just been rescued from the third level of hell by Bill, a Seraph. Yes, Bill the angel. Awesome! In return for plucking Declan out of Lilith’s hell Declan is basically in servitude to Bill. Declan’s current task is to find someone and bring him back. He doesn’t know who, but of course that eventually comes to light.

Then we meet Ana. Ana is a centuries old vampire; a royal vampire at that. Declan and Ana have it bad for eachother, always have. But they both think the other is dead. Ana was brought back to life by….. Bill! That Bill, he’s a helluva guy. Ana’s task is to protect a young boy named Kaden, who appears to be a sorcerer.

This is a new author to me, and I must say I was totally enthralled with this entire world. I hear there are other books, a Jaguar series to be precise. I think I am definitely going to have to look those up and get a little bit more history on Declan and Ana. Not to mention there is a jaguar in this story, Declan’s friend, Nico. Nico sounds just like the type of jaguar I’d like to meet (insert evil grin here). But I digress…

“Ana Delacrux was a fearless, tough operative. To see her in such a vulnerable state did something to his insides. It twisted them into all kinds of want and need and filled him with desire to protect what was his.”

Oh, how I love them alpha type males! There is a really good romantic and frustrating tension between Declan and Ana. I couldn’t wait for them to finally get together and realize that everything is mutual. Every turn page was agony waiting for it to happen!

Luckily for me there was a lot of other stuff happening to hold me over until that happened. This book had werewolves that were all kinds of cool. Demon lords…who doesn’t love a good demon lord? And Lilith… well, Lilith’s world kind of felt like a demented version of Alice In Wonderland, so I absolutely loved that. Sides must come together for a common goal. What’s that saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That definitely applies here for this story.

I found the world the author built to be vibrant and exciting. The characters were interesting and captivating. This was a book that I really enjoyed, and I really look forward to seeing what’s next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Road to Hell.