Mith's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

3620424
Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: rom-com-chick-lit, young-adult, slice-of-life, absolutely-spiffing
Read from January 22 to 23, 2012

Ah! Such a perfect, perfect feel-good book! I'm not a big believer of love at first sight but Hadley and Oliver almost convinced me!

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is a cute, little YA love story of two teens, Hadley and Oliver who meet at an airport due to Hadley missing her flight by just four minutes. Those four minutes change her life.

I went in this book with very little expectations, ready to file it away as yet another cheesy, predictable, written-for-the-money-using-very-few-brain-cells chick lit. I'm quite pleased to say that Jennifer Smith proved me astoundingly wrong.

The writing is fantastic. Smith manages to capture even the tiniest of emotions in words that seem to flow beautifully into one another. Even better are the two main characters - real, flawed and, like every other person on the planet, just trying to find their places in life.

I adored the storyline of Hadley and her father. If I could bawl in the office without giving away the fact that I'm reading instead of working, I would. It was touching and handled in a mature manner and that made me one very happy camper!

Highly recommended :)
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

01/22/2012 page 0
show 2 hidden updates…

Shayantani Das If I could bawl in the office without giving away the fact that I'm reading instead of working..

Hahaha, that’s awkward! I remember this time in school, I had some novel inside my chemistry book (as usual) and the storyline was hilarious. The teacher caught me (as usual) and asked what was so funny about hydrocarbons. Great times!