Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > The Vincent Boys

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

Feb 24, 2012

bookshelves: kindle, own, ya-contemporary-romance, favorites-ya, keeper-shelf, fantastic-will-read-again
Read from February 23 to 24, 2012

Can you believe I got this book for free off of Amazon UK? Honestly, this is why I love Amazon/Authors when they put up free kindle books because it gives me the opportunity to read books that I probably wouldn't have bought right away - due to my ever growing to-be-read pile. And yes, I'm seriously kicking myself for not having bought this book before because honestly....it is pretty amazing and I'm dying to read what's next.

Since Ashton was a young girl, she has always had two best friends - Sawyer and Beau who are cousins. Beau and Ashton used to cause all the trouble and Sawyer used to get them out of trouble. The three of them together were always so close but when Ashton starts dating Sawyer that all changes and for some reason her and Beau no longer speak. As the years pass Ashton finds herself changing to be a good girl - acting how she should and always doing the right thing to please Sawyer but when Sawyer goes on vacation during the summer, Ashton soon finds herself re-kindly her friendship with Beau but is it becoming something more? And can they fight off their feelings for one another so they don't hurt Sawyer?

Wow, The Vincent Boys is a heart-pounding story - one that is about first love, betrayal, loss and hidden secrets. From start to finish Abbi Glines captivated me with her easy writing and her fun loving storyline that I'm left dying to try more of her work. I'll I have heard is how good her writing is and honestly, I'm glad I'm not disappointed!

Abbi has created some fantastic characters with Ashton and Sawyer but there was one that is a total stand out and of course that's Beau. Sigh! He's the bad boy of the town; he lives in a trailer, his mother works in a bar, he drinks and he gets into fights and most of all he has a slutty girlfriend but despite all this, you still want him. He's portrayed as a bad boy but appearances aren't everything. Deep down he's such a lovable guy and I'm questioning how the hell do authors come up with characters that are like Beau? He's adorable, hot and sexy and I need a Beau! I adored his relationship with Ashton and mainly I loved finding out how they were friends when they were young children. They were thick as thieves back then - always the two getting into trouble but through-out every Beau always protects Ashton and I loved it!

Now most importantly....there's a book two...yay! I am so not ready to leave these characters behind. When I found out there is going to be another book I'm was uber excited, so I'm seriously happy about that and June 2012 cannot come quick enough!

Highly recommended for a contemporary romance fan!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Boys.

Quotes Donna {Book Passion for Life} Liked

Abbi Glines
“She started walking toward me and perfect white teeth caught her full bottom lip between them. I’d fantasized about those lips way too many times. She’d barely covered up her long tanned legs with a pair of shorts that made me want to go to church this Sunday just to thank God for creating her.”

Abbi Glines
“I was very aware that you were a girl, Ash. I was just scared because the one person in the world who knew every secret I'd ever had also happened to be the most beautiful girl I'd ever known. My feelings for you were scary as Hell.”

Abbi Glines
“ If I'd ever taken the time to wonder about my soul being as black as this town seemed to believe, I knew the moment Ashton stepped out of her little white Jetta looking like an angel from Heaven that my soul was damned to Hell. ”
tags: beau

02/23/2012

Erin LOVED this book, Beau is my new favorite bad boy! Hope you're enjoying it!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Thanks Erin! I'm hoping to find a book that can take my mind of Christian Grey!!! lol

Erin Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Thanks Erin! I'm hoping to find a book that can take my mind of Christian Grey!!! lol"

Oh, it's not easy, I can't get him out of my head! This one's pretty heavy, so it probably won't help much in that department, but it is a great story. I read Shadows last night because I needed something light and completely unrealistic to break me from my Fifty obsession! lol

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Lol I know! I finished on Monday and I'm still thinking Fifty, Fifty, Fifty!!

I need to read Shadows, I got it yesterday too so maybe it will be my next read. Can you recommend any other books that are like Fifty? or The Vincent Boys?? :)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Are you Sam? Yay! Have you bought Fifty Shades of Grey yet? lol

Erin Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Lol I know! I finished on Monday and I'm still thinking Fifty, Fifty, Fifty!!

To be honest, I've never come across anything remotely like Fifty, unfortunately. I think that's why everyone is so floored by it, it just stands in a class all it's own!! Vincent Boys is the closest as far as well-written, sexy stories. It would have to be something else in the mature adult genre to rival these, just because they get more graphic (if that's what you're looking for). I was going to start looking around outside my usual YA choices to find something along these lines, I'll definitely let you know if I come across anything worth reading!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Erin wrote: "Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Lol I know! I finished on Monday and I'm still thinking Fifty, Fifty, Fifty!!

I totally know what you mean. I'm not really bothered about the sexy time in the book - just something that can hold the same attention as Fifty. I finished The Vincent Boys this morning and really loved it! So something similar really. But thanks!! :)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Sam wrote: "Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Are you Sam? Yay! Have you bought Fifty Shades of Grey yet? lol"

Yes! It's staring at me just waiting to be read. I have so many good books to get to lol I do..."

Lol Sam, read it!! You will love it although you will need to read all three books in one go! B.Disaster was just so good and I can't wait for the story in Travis POV. Hope you enjoy The Vincent Boys....I'm sure we will chat about Beau at some point! *sigh* lol

Shawna Wait..did i read this right. There is going to be a book from Travis' point of view?

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Muahahahah! Shawna...didn't you know?? HELL YEAH!!! And a book about Trent too ;) sigh!!!

Shawna Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Muahahahah! Shawna...didn't you know?? HELL YEAH!!! And a book about Trent too ;) sigh!!!"

I did not know this. fanfreakingtastic. I can't wait now to read the additional books!!!! drooling already

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Lol I only found out the other day but imagine the goodness that is going to come out of Travis POV....my I NEED IT NOW!!! Lol

Shawna Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Lol I only found out the other day but imagine the goodness that is going to come out of Travis POV....my I NEED IT NOW!!! Lol"

Right along with you on that one. I could only imagine the things that were to pop up into Travis' head. I hope we don't have to wait like a full year for this

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I know, I totally agree. So far it hasn't even been added on Goodreads so who knows?? :(

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Oh and Shawna...check out The Vincent Brothers by Abbi. It is about Sawyer (the new book) even though I read somewhere that it wasn't going to be? Maybe there will be another book after that??