Book Whales 's Reviews > Shattered Dreams

Shattered Dreams by Ellie James

Jan 22, 12

Read in January, 2012

Originally posted @ Book Whales

She can see visions of death…

And it’s up to her to stop them from happening

The book started with a group of friends inside an empty house which is said to be haunted, wherein they started a “harmless” game of Truth or Dare. For everyone, it was just a game, but for Trinity, it’s not. She’s different from any other teenage girls. How so? She can see visions of deaths, and they come true. There she sees an image of one of the girls with her, Jessica, and in that very moment, Trinity knew that it’s not good, thus marking the start of her rather rough life.

I was hooked when I first started reading this, expecting that I’ll read an awesome ghost story, but I was wrong. Honestly, I thought this is a paranormal novel (which involves ghosts), and it turned out to be a murder/mystery story. I don’t have any problems with that because I also love that genre. But I was still disappointed because there are no ghosts! (boohoo!)

Anyway, I still enjoyed reading this. It took me to the edge of my seat as I also try to figure out the mystery, and who could be the culprit. There were parts that instead of reading, I ended up skimming them because well, it was a bit boring for me. I was relieved that this didn’t have a love triangle, but I was wrong (again!). Another love interest has appeared I think at 70% of the book? Or was that 80%? I can’t recall it anymore, but I really prefer the new guy, Dylan, than Trinity’s boyfriend, Chase. There’s just something about Dylan that’s interesting that I can’t quite figure out…yet. And even though he didn’t have much exposure in the book, I already like him a lot.

Overall, this is a fun read for those who love murder/mysteries and to those who enjoyed reading the Blue is for Nightmares series by Laurie Faria Stolarz

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Dreams.