Alex at Raiding Bookshelves's Reviews > Moonglow

Age Group:
Genre: Young Adult/Adult
Source: NetGalley
Lootability: ****

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of Moonglow, sequel to Kristen Callihan's amazing supernatural novel Firelight (you can check out my review). This time it is Miranda's sister Daisy and Archer's best friend Ian Ranulf take up the reins.

What I Liked: Oh man, can Callihan write a steamy sexual tension full of passion! I seriously think the book made me blush. Both characters are overtly sexual and exude sensuality. Oh, and I think there were some dangerous creatures around....
Has anyone else gotten sick of the supernatural genre packed with sparkly vampires, bright blue pixies and sexy teenage wolves? Well, Callihan has reinvented it in a fantasic way. She has taken werewolves and given them a sexy aristocratic makeover, giving them an ancient and immortal culture straight out of legend. And it's not just werewolves but cruel, seductive vampires, angels, elementals and more - Callihan has given life to the Ghost in the Machine. It's a kind of supernatural that I haven't experienced before and I can't wait to see where she takes it in Winterblaze.

What I Didn't Like: I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, because I don't mind it. Everytime I thought the story was drawing to an end, it was actually just building to a new twist. While I liked the complex narrative of the book, it did feel very drawn out.

The final sister, and instalment of the trilogy, will be Winterblaze expected March 2012.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglow.