Will's Reviews > Blood, Bones, and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef

Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: food-writing, general-knowledge, travel
Read in July, 2012

I too wanted to like this book... I had been waiting a long time to read it... was so excited to get my hands on it... then I couldn't wait to slam it shut and send it back from whence it came.

I am going to keep this review short because I have spent too long on the 291 pages that this book was pure agony to get through. Unlike the author who says she can't stand the college authors she was with at the Univ. of Michigan who would drone on and on about nothing, hello, did you see the extra additions you made in the first 100 pages that did the exact same thing!

The author is a stark raving b#@!h. I do not like that I have such intense feelings about her, however this book was 291 pages of my life sucks, my childhood sucked, my life sucks, everyone around me sucks, but here's another chapter on another trip to Italy, here I am hanging out with Martha Stewart, oh by the way my husband fawns over me, but he too sucks.

Have I found myself from time to time having a woe is me attitude while having a decent life, YES!
There was one takeaway in this book about how to make a better omelet, outside of that save your time. Worst book I have read in years. Get a life (oh wait, if you actually read your book, you'd realize you have a pretty decent one)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood, Bones, and Butter.