James Seawel's Reviews > The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A Remarkable Account of Miracles, Angels, and Life Beyond This World

The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven by Kevin Malarkey

Jan 29, 12

Read from January 21 to 29, 2012

This book would be so much more believable if the author's last name was not Malarkey. Ha! There would have been a time when I would not only have refused to have read this, but most certainly would have insisted that the whole thing was made up.

As my friend Milton says, "How come these books always have the little white chirrens getting a sneak peak at Heaven?"

Anyway, I'm reading it and enjoying it and am inclined to believe it. Definitely not for everyone, but if you're in to this kind of thing. . .

Update: I finished this book today and I really liked it. I appreciated how the author addresses that many including in the faith community are going to have difficulty with this story for lack of a theology to wrap around it. I further appreciate his honesty in his inclusion of the marital and family distress and the many moments of grief and pain his family experienced. A very refreshing, hope-inspiring read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven.