Ashley Phillips's Reviews > Legend

Legend by Marie Lu

Jan 21, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own-and-have-read
Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy

I almost always pick out the books I read/buy by the cover. I know that you should not judge a book by its cover HOWEVER it seems that most of the books that I am attracted to turn out to be pretty good. Of course I skim the blurb to get the jist of the book, but Legend had that military-ish emblem that I attracted me and of course, the post-apocalyptic nature is always intriguing. The characters of June and Day were wonderful. The world that Marie Lu created for them was dense, with so many layers upon layers to discover. Overall I generally liked the book. The only part that was weak for me was that the "government conspiracy" aspect of the novel was presented in a way that made it very obvious about a third of the way into the novel. Legend left me underwhelmed. It was a great character driven novel but the plot was obvious and left little to the imagination. It was obviously opened ended, being book number one of a trilogy, and I most likely will pick up the second and third books just to complete the series on my bookshelf. I just hope that the other two novels will take me by surprise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.