April Plummer's Reviews > The Delilah Complex

The Delilah Complex by M.J. Rose

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: crime-thrillers-myster, psychological
Read from January 23 to 26, 2012

I loved this book, and it was even better that it was free on Amazon for Kindle! It's the second in the series, and I bought the first (though I thought for a second it was free...until I clicked and realized I'd just paid $2.99! Oh well, I think it'll be worth it).

Anyway, Rose is an excellent author who weaves together the mind of a psychopath and the complex mind of a successful therapist.

From Amazon:

"Twelve sexually adventurous women form a secret club that becomes the center of investigation when several men they've recruited to dominate are murdered. Turning to sex therapist Dr. Morgan Snow for grief counseling, the group may be harboring a murderer."

What I love:

1. Morgan Snow's POV is obviously different than the narrator's. The POV occasionally goes to that of the killer as well as that of the cop Noah Jordain, but Morgan's voice is more intelligent. She uses larger words, but it fits her personality. Her thoughts are complex as she delves into every angle of everything, probably digging deeper than most people would, but it fits because of her vocation.

2. Though there are no sex scenes, per se, the love scenes are perfect - hot and heavy and quite a turn-on without feeling goofy and silly.

3. The intricasies of the relationships are real. The reader understands them because they've experienced them also. Morgan and her daughter, Morgan and Noah, Morgan and her work partner/mother-figure, and even Morgan and her patients. Morgan is REAL, despite her job and tendancy to get stuck in the middle, solving violent crimes.

4. The best thing? That there's really nothing for me to say I DON'T like!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Delilah Complex.