Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > Rapture

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: R2R
Read from January 21 to 22, 2012

I received this book as a part of the Read 2 Review program.

I’ve never read a story about Titans and Sirens. So, most of the story was a real treat. The mythology and the main storyline of the story was really pretty good. What troubled me about the story was the sex. Don’t get me wrong. I’m no prude believe me. But in reading this story, I might have given it a five if not for the sex or reducing the amount of it. I just felt like there were two different stories that were shuffled together. The sex in the beginning of the story felt like a bad B-movie with cheesy lines. The sex in the middle of the story made sense and fit right. The sex towards the end of the book was overwhelming and could have really used some editing. The sex at the end of the book was ok. I guess another big problem for me is the love at first sight. While I believe in lust at first sight I have a real problem with the other.

(view spoiler)

Ignoring that and a few other pot holes, the story was very interesting. And Seth was surely swoony worthy. So would I recommend. Yes, I think that my issues were personal and not the fault of the writer or her style. The ending was very interesting and I have to wonder if there will be a sequel. Will I read, yes! I was torn over the rating. I think I settled at 3.5. I’ve rounded up.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.