Mary Ayres's Reviews > Rose's Will

Rose's Will by Denise DeSio

F_50x66
Jan 21, 12

Read in January, 2012

This was the first book I read on my IPod Touch. I was worried I would not like the format but found it relatively easy.

At the beginning, I did not care for the book - I found the first chapters disjointed, moving too fast with too much information. And throughout the book, I was distracted by the use of two First Person voices and 1 Third person (omniscient) voice. I think it might have been easier to have 1 first and two third person voices.

I had made a commitment to finish the book so I kept reading. And I came to appreciate it. There are parts of this book that are hard, but they feel very real, especially the way the dysfunctional family is dealt with.

There is one way I didn't like the book - we are never told who the Rose was that Eli loved. So I am left questioning that relationship.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rose's Will.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Denise DeSio Hi Mary,
You said: Because of the strong lesbian characters, I would suggest that my lesbian book club read it but we have women who still insist on paper copies.

Well, good news! My publisher just released the new print edition of Rose's Will! I hope that puts it back on the suggestion list for your book club! Thank you very much for your review.