Jenn's Reviews > Nine Dragons

Nine Dragons by Michael Connelly

Jan 21, 2012

bookshelves: kindle
Read from April 28 to 30, 2012

Michael Connelly never disappoints with his thrillers. Harry Bosch is one of the finest American detectives around. And this time he has to be the finest in order to save his abducted daughter in Hong Kong. At least he's not 100% a stranger in Hong Kong. He visits his daughter on and off there for a few years. But he's still pretty much out of his element when he tries to find her.

I really like the bit player, Sun Yee. He's a bit of an enigma. He never says much but his stare tells you a number of things. I'm not sure I'd want to meet him in a dark alley. He knows how to find people, how to get guns (very much illegal in Hong Kong) and how to get results. I'd like to hire him as a bodyguard should I ever find the need for one.

Harry's partner Ferras was the biggest wuss I have read about ever. He was whipped by his wife, never had anything more than work and home (and that seemed mostly home as he always left work early) and had no backbone for the dirty work. A complete opposite to Harry, that's for sure.

I'd love to talk more about Sun Yee and Ferras, however I'd be giving away some major plot points. And we all know how big a no-no that is for me. So instead, I'll close with - just read it!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Dragons.