Silvia's Reviews > On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison

Jan 21, 12

Read from January 20 to 21, 2012

I was in the library looking for a book to read, and I came across this one that I had actually failed at finding before. Georgia Nicolson comes back as funny as ever, she is now the girlfriend of Robbie (who she calls Sex God) and she thinks of nothing but snogging him. When he dumps her for being "too young" she tries to finds a way to get him back. There were many quotes that I love in the book, but one of my favourites was "What is there to laugh at? I am on the rack of love. Life is a sham and a facsimile and a farce." The quote shows Georgia's frustration with her life at the moment, but also shows a bit of her comical side. I loved how the author wrote in first-person, she did a great job writing down the thoughts of a 14 year old. It was fun reading the bits she wrote in French and in German also. I recommend this book to girls in need of a laugh, and who are experiencing boy problems. This book doesn't offer a good solution to those problems, but it sure lets you laugh non-stop about them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God.