Michelle's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Jan 21, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

I completely adore this book! I think it might even be my favorite book by Cassandra Clare. It's the third book in the trilogy so all the questions are building up and clues are piecing together. With every new answer comes two new questions.
I think one of the reasons I love this book so much is because we finally get some insight on why Will acts the way he does. Once you read what happened to him, his whole personality starts to make sense. It's something you'd never guess it to be but also something so obvious. If I go back and read Clockwork Angel, I'll understand every decision he makes wit perfect clarity. Only a truly gifted author could make a reader feel as if everything makes sense and every decision has its purpose.
The plot thickens with all these new characters being introduced and existing characters developing their personalities.
This book is filled with humor, suspense, adventure, romance... ah, the romance. The romance will melt your heart; on one hand, you have Jem who is utterly polite and gentle and just wants someone to love. Then there's Will; he's jaded and rude but he just wants someone to stop loving him. Until he meets Tessa and wants nothing more than someone to love him back. All his life, he had to push people away, keeping them at arm's length. Meeting Tessa puts a stop to that, making him determined to free himself of his past. There are moments when you want to hate Will but you just can't seem to because you know he doesn't want to hurt anyone.
The adventure is beautifully written, making your heart nearly stop at certain moments and making it pound at others. The adventure flows nicely with the rest of the plot, not seeming forced and having an important role in all the other aspects and scenes. For example, one of the adventure scenes leads to a heart wrenching moment between Tessa and Will which then causes Will to reveal everything about his past and why he had to constantly push everyone away.
The ending is a cliff hanger but yet you can't resent that fact because it is so enticing and it makes you hungry for more.
I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.