Susi's Reviews > Caught in the Act

Caught in the Act by Jill Sorenson

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012, 2012-04, contemporary-romance, romantic-suspense, romance
Read from April 03 to 11, 2012

Review originally posted at Book Lovers Inc.

I discovered Jill Sorenson last year and the second I read Crash Into Me I knew this author is one I have to keep on my radar. Since then, I read all her books and she became one of my all time favorite authors. Her books shine with great characters, heart-melting romance and a gripping suspenseful plot. Caught in the Act was all that and perhaps even a bit more.

Kari Strauss is an independent woman. She’s in her twenties and already owns her own rather successful business. But it’s not all sunshine and roses for her. Her little sister is a trouble magnet with a serious bad-news boyfriend and Kari is drawn into a world she should rather not sink deeper into. Kari is a compasionate woman with a big heart- she wants to help others even when it would be better for herself not to. A very lovable character.

Adam is a touh guy with a past. He’s on his own personal vendetta and focused to punish those who ruined his life. At first I had a hard time warming up to him. He’s so single-minded about his revenge that his compassion is lacking. I wanted to slap him when he did this and that without even thinking about anyone besides himself. Luckily that changes after a few chapters.

We also have our secondary characters- Maria and Ian. I loved their story with a passion. Maria is such a sweet and lovable girl. She’s strong in her own way and she stands up for those who matter for her. And oh my when she and Ian met again I was totally glued to the pages.

Sorenson’ s strength is characterisation. I adore how she always makes me feel so much for her characters. I’m usually not so fond of switching POVs but it does work for me with her books. At the end of each chapter I wanted to know more about this particular POV but then starting the next one I was drawn into that story line again. Very addicting and with actually noticing a few hours were spent glued to the pages.

The plot is twisted around immigration and drug cartels with some romance in the mix. Sorenson seems to have a talent for research. Her setting always seems so real- her way of projecting these things actually transports you to the scene.

Caught in the Act is a thrilling and suspenseful read. The characters shine and it will be hard to even hate the bad guys. I couldn’t put this one down and I’m already counting the days till her next title hits the shelves. An author you all should give a try. I can’t recommend Caught in the Act enough.

I give Caught in the Act 4.5 stars
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caught in the Act.

04/03/2012
04/08/2012
30.0% "It's awesome so far"
04/11/2012