Anne's Reviews > Dead Scared

Dead Scared by S.J. Bolton

Feb 11, 12

Read in February, 2012

S J Bolton certainly can serve up a page-turning story, I was totally gripped by this fast-paced thriller, with it's twists and turns and very very strange happenings.

Despite not having read the first book in the series about DC Lacey Flint and her boss DI Mark Joesbury, it was not difficult to pick up some of their past history. It was clear from the beginning that they had a somewhat unusual relationship, and their tensions only added to what is at times an incredibly tense story line.

The Cambridge setting is wonderful, the university with it's tradition and almost 'other worldy' life is the perfect place for a police drama. The very short chapters, told alternatively from the perspective of different characters works extremely well, leaving the reader hanging on and wanting to know more, and now! There are some pretty brutal descriptions of the apparant student suicides, but these are not out of place and only add to the drama and the suspense.

A very clever plot, that kept me guessing right up until the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Scared.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah I've seen a few good reviews of this one. Must add it to my library reservations!

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine "Awakening" is also worth a read-although it fueled my fear of snakes even more!