Verona's Reviews > I'll Walk Alone

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

Jan 21, 2012

Read in January, 2012 , read count: 1

I really liked this book. I put it on my "currently reading" list in August, but really didn't start it till after Christmas. I read it in a couple of weeks. I really like Mary Higgins Clark's books. She knows how to tell a story. Her characters are so interesting and so sympathetic. I can get into their persona and know how they feel. I sympathize with their situations; they seem like real people, or people I might know. That said, most of them live lives that are different from mine, and doing things I find fascinating or think how fun it would be to do the things they do. It's like a vicarious living or trip. Maybe that's one reason I read books, to experience other paths. Even though this was somewhat predictable, I still read with anticipation of having all the twists revealed and the mystery solved. I love a happy ending, and this one did not disappoint. Sometimes her books give me a scare, especially if I'm reading at night alone. This one just had a few elements of that. I love Alvirah Meehan, who appears in several of Mary Higgins Clark's novels. She is likable character, amart, yet down-home. I've read most of her books, and look forward to another one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Walk Alone.

01/20/2012 page 276