Michelle's Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Feb 01, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 21 to February 01, 2012

The Outlander series has quickly become my favorite series. These books are touching and deeply moving... I absolutely sobbed at the end of this one, but can't wait to continue on the journey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Diana Gabaldon
“I talk to you as I talk to my own soul," he said, turning me to face him. He reached up and cupped my cheek, fingers light on my temple. "And Sassenach," he whispered, "Your face is my heart.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Blood of my Blood," he whispered, "and bone of my bone. You carry me within ye, Claire, and ye canna leave me now, no matter what happens, You are mine, always, if ye will it or no, if ye want me or nay. Mine, and I wilna let ye go.”

Diana Gabaldon
“I will find you," he whispered in my ear. "I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest."

His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.

Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”

Diana Gabaldon
“I do know it, my own. Let me tell ye in your sleep how much I love you. For there's no so much I can be saying to ye while ye wake, but the same poor words, again and again. While ye sleep in my arms, I can say things to ye that would be daft and silly waking, and your dreams will know the truth of them. Go back to sleep, mo duinne.”