Joe Caplinger's Reviews > The World-Tilting Gospel: Embracing a Biblical Worldview & Hanging on Tight

The World-Tilting Gospel by Dan Phillips

3204697
Feb 08, 12

Read from January 21 to February 08, 2012

This book is written to address the way we view the Bible and try to portray the Bible to others, especially those who we want to convince to believe.

The book discusses how we soften the message of the gospel by not mentioning the less than friendly topics of the Bible. Things like God's anger towards sin and the negative repercussions of not believing and therefore spending eternity seperated from God.

This is understandable in the way we don't want to scare new comers out of church or out of believing God is loving and all knowing. But if we glance over the negative repercussions of the results of sin and not believing that Jesus died for our sins are we not also making the wonderful gift provided for us by Jesus dieing on the cross less wonderful as well? Do you not have to have an understanding of the bad to truly celebrate and enjoy the good? If the good is all you know then it just seems normal.

This book uses scripture to discuss the story of the gospel and the great gift it actually is. It discusses the who, what, and the why of the gospel and how you can help tilt the world on it's head when it comes to sharing the gospel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World-Tilting Gospel.

01/22/2012 page 74